Monday, May 11, 2009

Lemon-Lime Cucumber Cocktail

Most people who know me know that I like trying new things... but even more then that, I like surprising The S/O with new things. When I found a recipe for a Lemon-Cucumber Cocktail within the February/March 2009 issue of Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade magazine, I knew that it sounded weird enough that I just had to try it. Well, I don't like Club Soda, and I've never had Gin but The S/O assured me I wouldn't like it. SO I did a little adapting to it, making it alcohol free and as low calorie as I could but still get that cool refreshing flavor of the citrus and the cucumbers. And I must say, I love it.


Ingredients

* 8 ounce Diet Ginger Ale
* 3-4 thin slices of Lemon
* 3-4 thin slices of Lime
* 2-4 thin slices of cucumber
* Crushed ice
* Fresh mint

Directions: In a large glass, combine all ingredients. I like to bruise the mint and put it into the drink, rather then just garnish with it.

1 serving
     Adapted                         Unadapted                
     Calories 14          Calories 156
     Total Fat 0          Total Fat 0
     Cholesterol 0 mg          Cholesterol 0 mg
     Sodium 15 mg          Sodium 49 mg
     Total Carbs 5 g          Total Carbs 26.8 g
     Fiber 1.8 g          Fiber 1.4 g
     Sugar 0.1 g          Sugars 0.4 g
     Protein 0.8 g          Protien 0.4 g

2 comments:

Drakkar said...

hmm..interesting

Wanda said...

Hmm, that does sound refreshing.....